The Algonquin Park Residents Association (APRA) was founded in 1968. It's mission is to:
- Encourage the establishment of a long-sighted and firm policy for the protection of animal life, the preservation of the natural beauty of the entire Park, and particularly the Algonquin heartland.
- Actively support the provision and maintenance of recreational areas for the enjoyment of all persons without discrimination as to income, age, vitality and health.
- Act united in all matters concerning the common rights and interests of leaseholders in Algonquin Park.
Day-to-day activities are managed by a small executive supported by the advice and guidance of an Advisory Council. Annual meetings are held each summer and are open to all members of the Association.
Current APRA Executive
- President - John Olsen
- Vice-President - Lynn Cassidy
- Secretary - Gaye Clemson
- Treasurer - Tannis Critelli
- Past-President - Brian Maltman
- Ex-Officio - Michael Davies
You may contact any member of the executive by email using the address:
'title' + '@' + 'algonquinparkresidents.ca'
An email may be sent to all members of the executive at once using the address:
'executive' + '@' + 'algonquinparkresidents.ca'
Current APRA Advisory Council Members
- Don Lloyd - Canoe Lake
- John Brook - Smoke Lake
Lake Association Presidents
- Smoke Lake - Gordon Craig
- Canoe Lake & District - Bruce Sandilands
- Cache Lake - Sue Kingsley
- Rock & Whitefish Lakes - Brian Steinberg
- Northern Lakes - Bud Doering
Other Members at Large
- Smoke Lake - John Brook, Michael Davies
- Canoe Lake - Greg Day, Jeff Ridpath, Don Lloyd, Roy Stewart
- Cache Lake - Don Beauprie, Lela Shepley-Gamble, Rick Rigby